1.What is your favorite food and why?
1. Volunteering is very close to my heart. I love reaching out to others in my community and state. Whether speaking to thousands at The Walk to End Lupus Now, or helping out with other charitable organizations, I am gratified. God has given me so much. If I can give back a part of what He has given me, then I am truly blessed.
2.What according to you is a perfect date?
2. Staying in shape is one of my top priorities. Whether I am eating right, running, or lifting weights, being healthy is a way of life for me. I love the feeling of accomplishment after a workout. I have found that if I keep myself motivated, others become motivated as well.
3.How do you like to spend your weekend?
3. I am 17 years old and a full time college student. I accomplished this by graduating high school a year early with a 4.0 GPA. This has allowed me to begin to pursue a degree in nursing and someday become a neonatal nurse. I intend to maintain an A average in college so that I may accomplish my lifelong dream of being a nurse, a career I have wanted since I was little girl.
4.When was the last time you went shopping and where to?
4. I was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 14. Having lupus has provided me with countless God given opportunities to serve Him by reaching out to others. There were many years that I was sick without a diagnosis, not knowing if I would make it through. This really placed things into perspective for me. Every one of us has a purpose in life, and it is up to us to fulfill it.
5.Do you think make-up is important and why?
5. I can make the cutest nerd impression. I practiced this throughout high school as I played the part of a nerd named Gordi each week for elementary school children. As of today, I am still a bit of a celebrity in my hometown because of this. Children will see me in our community and come to me with their arms open wide. I even have to sign my autograph from time to time!