What Superhero would you like to be and why?
1. My family is very important to me. I'm the middle child. I have an older sister, Grace, who is 18 and a younger brother, Jack, who is 11. My mother is the oldest of 8 and my father is the youngest of 4 which makes for interesting conversations between the two of them! My mom is a stay at home mother which allowed us to become very close. She is my number one supporter.
What according to you is a true friend?
2. I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata at the age of 8. Alopecia is an auto immune disease that causes my hair to fall out. Throughout the six years I've had it, my hair has come and gone, but I have been very fortunate and have not gone completely bald. I have met and made some amazing friends that also have Alopecia.
How do you handle criticism?
3. I was a cheerleader for the past seven years. I started at the age of six and fell in love with it. In 2012, I competed at the Cheerleading Worlds which is the biggest competition in the world of cheerleading. It was one of the greatest experiences in my life.
When was the last time you tried something new?
4. I was bullied for years due to my Alopecia to the point of suicide, but with God on my side and the support of my amazing family I was able to get through it. I now have the ability to help others who are being bullied. I founded an anti-bullying organization called Cams Dare To Be Different and now I talk to kids all over the country about the effects of bullying.
Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
5. I am 15 years old and a freshman in high school. School is very important to me and always has been. I take pride in my 4.0 GPA as well as all the honors classes I am taking. I intend to maintain my GPA throughout high school so I am able to get a scholarship to college and pursue my dream of becoming a psychiatrist.