What Superhero would you like to be and why?
1. At age 9, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Being a diabetic, I have to test my blood sugar multiple times a day and give myself insulin through an insulin pump. Diabetes has put various obstacles in my life, but it has never stopped me from reaching any of my goals!
What according to you is a true friend?
2. I love to sing and play guitar! I have always loved to sing, whether it be in the car or in the shower, but when I was 14 I decided to expand my love for music. I taught myself to play guitar at that time, and have been playing and singing ever since. I sing at church with the worship band almost every Sunday, and on occasion get asked to play guitar too!
How do you handle criticism?
3. My family is the most important thing in my life. I am blessed to have wonderful parents, an older sister, and two younger brothers. My older sister Cambree is competing in the Miss Ohio International pageant! It's an amazing experience that I get to share with her. Not only that, but my whole family as a support as well.
When was the last time you tried something new?
4. Since been given the title as Miss Teen Ohio International, I have had the honor of being a Spokesperson for the American Diabetes Association as well as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It has been a blessing to get to attend various events, tell my story, and teach others about a disease that has affected my life so greatly every day.
Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
5. I love to dance! I am always being joked about by my family and friends for my "different" dance moves, but that never stops me! I dance around my kitchen, when I get ready in the mornings, at school, at work, and pretty much everywhere in between! It is an instant stress reliever for me and an easy way to have a good time!