Katelynne Newton Go Red On-Line Voting Winner
1.What is your favorite food and why?
1. I am a senior at Avon High School graduating this year with an Academic Honors diploma. My plan is to attend college in the fall and pursue a degree in Business Administration & Marketing. Once I graduate, I hope to start an event marketing business focused on wedding planning. My vision is a perfect balance of the three things most important to me - my family, my career, and travel.
2.What according to you is a perfect date?
2. Heart health is a cause that is "close to my heart" since I was diagnosed with bradycardia. I want to educate people on behaviors they can adopt to ensure the healthiest heart possible - proper nutrition and exercise, drinking plenty of fluids, and seeing their physician regularly. I am currently working with the Indiana American Heart Association as their teen spokesperson to educate and advocate on heart health issues.
3.How do you like to spend your weekend?
3. As a former competitive gymnast, I suffered several injuries and sat on the sidelines, watching my friends continue to advance their skills. Once I was healthy, I pushed hard to recover and make up for lost time, earning 20 trophies and 85 medals. I'm proud of myself for keeping a positive attitude, staying strong, and achieving my goals despite the setbacks. I was even able to train with Bela Karolyi at his camp in Texas!
4.When was the last time you went shopping and where to?
4. Due to injuries, I had to make the tough decision to give up gymnastics. I was able to quickly transition those talents into a new passion! I have been dancing in classes and on our dance team at Avon High School. I am a member of the Avon Gold Varsity dance team, a team captain, and member of the National Honor Society for dance arts. I love to dance and give back to others.
5.Do you think make-up is important and why?
5. I have been blessed to be able to travel to many places with my family. My father works in the racing industry, and I began traveling with him at six weeks old! I have travelled to 35 states and 6 countries. All this travel has enabled me the opportunity to experience various cultures, meet new people, and learn new things. I have been Miss Firecracker and Miss Gotta Race for Arizona Sport Shirts.