1.What is your favorite food and why?
1. As an honor roll student, I recently graduated high school (yay!) and will attend Marquette University this fall. I will major in pre-medicine and psychology in hopes of attending John Hopkins Medical School. My dream is to become a Pediatric Psychiatrist so I can work with children who struggle with various disorders, especially Autism!
2.What according to you is a perfect date?
2. My little brother, Jake, was diagnosed with Autism at the age of two. I was in kindergarten at the time and was not able to grasp what this meant for his future. Autism makes it difficult for people, like Jake, to interact and build relationships with others; his diagnosis led to early intervention and therapy. Because of his hard work, Jake is now mainstream in school and I am the proudest big sister ever!
3.How do you like to spend your weekend?
3. I have danced point ballet with the Waterford Dance Academy for the past 14 years and have performed with numerous orchestras and symphonic bands as a piccolo player. Music and dance is a way to express my emotions whenever I feel stressed or overwhelmed. Performing always gives me a strong sense of accomplishment knowing my hours of hard work and preparations paid off!
4.When was the last time you went shopping and where to?
4. I am an absolute health fanatic! A few of my favorite foods are salad, broccoli, and fresh fruits. I love working out, taking long runs in the morning, and doing 8K races with my mom in our free time. I believe taking care of my body is so important for a healthy heart and a happy life. Cake? No thank you!
5.Do you think make-up is important and why?
5. Those who know me will tell you I take my commitments to education and community very seriously. This is the reason that my partnership with the International Pageant System is such a perfect fit. Together, as young women, we are celebrating our successes and supporting each other to create positive change. Through Miss Teen International, I am embracing the numerous opportunities I have to create more awareness for Autism.