1.What is the funniest thing you believed as a child?
1. My first exposure to “true hunger” was at the age 7 while on a family trip to Mexico. I saw children my own age starving and living on the streets. Upon returning home, my family and I became regular volunteers at Feed My Starving Children. Over the past 8 years, I have continued to volunteer with various hunger-relief organizations packing food, speaking, fundraising, and recruiting volunteers.
2.What is the one talent you wish you had?
2. I am honored to be 1 of only 3 certified members of the Second Harvest Heartland Food Bank Speaker's Bureau. I am also their youngest speaker to date! I love going out into my community and inspiring my generation to get out into their communities and make a difference. I believe that together we can solve America's hunger crisis by one person…one meal…one day at a time.
3.Other than your family, who is your biggest supporter?
3. I am very passionate about the fine arts, especially dance and painting. I began taking dance lessons when I was eight years old and I have been dancing my way through life ever since! I dance ballet, tap, jazz, and pointe. I also love to paint using watercolor, acrylic, and pastels. I was honored to win the school-wide “Artist of the Year” award last year.
4.What is the best costume you’ve ever worn for Halloween?
4. Auditioning for and being accepted into the Homeward Bound theater company has played a huge role in my life. We go into schools, churches, and local communities performing theater-based plays on issues dealing with bullying, purity, and personal safety. We also have the opportunity to speak on personal experiences. This theater company has helped shape me into the person I have become today.
5.What song makes you 100% of the time want to dance?
5. Something very unique about me is that I am home-schooled. My mom started home-schooling me when I was in fourth grade and I now attend the South Heights home school co-op on Thursdays with over 200 other home-schooled youth. I take four classes including Biology, Algebra, Art, and Writing. I feel I have learned and grown so much as a result of being home-schooled and I love having extra time to spend with my family.